Fieldimp Limited (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope Of Policy
- The Fieldimp ‘Velappity’ mobile software which you have selected to download from either an app store or our website at www.velappity.com (“Service”), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the Service onto your mobile telephone, handheld device or computer (device).
- Any of the services accessible through the Services.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. The reason for our processing of Personal Data will be to allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations, and/or to carry out the processing you have consented to. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We are committed to complying with the relevant provisions of data protection laws including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 2018, the Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 679/2016) “Data Protection Laws”. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018, the data controller is Fieldimp Limited of 5 Eagle Street, Craighall Business Park, Glasgow, G4 9XA.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Submitted Information: information that you provide by registering for the Service, including the telephone number or IP address of your device. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and any of our partners and when you report a problem with the Services.
- Additional information:
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through the Service;
- details of your use of the Service including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Device information: We may collect information about the device or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of the Service onto your device, including, where available, the device’s or computer’s unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the device’s telephone number, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. We may associate device information with Submitted Information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- Location information: when you use one of our location-enabled Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of these Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by following the directions available on the settings for the Service.
- Log information: when you use the Services we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall parts of the Service containing a unique application number or when the Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- Customer information: we may also collect personal information about your customers when you use the Service. We will only use this information in an anonymous and aggregated format.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or using the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to analyse the information we collect from you in order that we can examine trends and patterns in the information and improve our services and offerings;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to notify you about changes or to contact you for your views on our services;
- to contact you for market research purposes; and
- for our internal record keeping.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these by post or telephone, in accordance with our obligations under Data Protection Laws.
We will only share your data with third parties where you have consented to this.
If you are an existing Service user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that you have used previously. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us at email@example.com.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 10 electrical contractors in Glasgow have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, tradesmen in a particular postcode). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Fieldimp Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
- enforce or apply the Agreement and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Fieldimp Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes when we collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Laws are introducing new rights for data subjects including certain rights to object to holding and processing of personal data beyond that used for marketing purposes. If you have any queries about the use of your data that don’t relate to marketing activity, then please contact email@example.com.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access To Information
Data Protection Laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with those laws.